Permanent Agile Testers – Energy Trading – Multiple Positions WS/2395
A Leading Systems Consultancy focused on delivering Trading, Logistics, Optimisation and Risk Management solutions for clients in the commodity and energy trading industries seeks Agile Testers to complement the team as they experience a period of growth. Applicants are invited with previous manual test work experience.
The Company has been providing services and solutions to help clients manage deregulation changes and capitalise on new market opportunities for over 20 years. Their experience has since extended across the global markets and commodity set, helping clients deal with portfolio management, risk management and financial accounting requirements in the context of complex contractual terms and logistics management. They have been at the forefront of developing software to manage these risks. The Company is highly reputable and has conducted projects across all commodities including Oil and Gas, Metals, LNG, Power etc.
The Company culture is an open and informal style with a passion for delivering excellence in products and services to their clients. They aim to support your own professional development and will provide ample opportunities for you to extend your skills on a variety of interesting commodities trading projects.
This role is ideal for a scientific/analytical individual who enjoys devising technical solutions to address business needs. The role offers the opportunity to work alongside an experienced team and gain a wide range of experience in all aspects of agile testing within large commodities trading organisations.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a numerate or IT related discipline essential.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an agile environment essential.
- Previous Manual Test Work essential.
- Proven software testing skills essential.
- Previous experience using SpecFlow highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of commodities trading concepts highly advantageous.
- Highly analytical/methodical – the ability to understand the problem, the tools available and to deliver the solution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills essential – the ability to interact effectively with other team members.
- Excellent communications skills essential (both written and oral English), with the ability to listen and discuss technical matters in a clear and articulate manner.
- Ability to pick up business concepts quickly and understand how to logically implement them within a software solution.
Package: Dependent on skills and experience, a Base Salary of £40K – £50K plus a performance based bonus is on offer.
How to ApplyApplications for this job are only accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk. To apply, go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. Please ensure you upload a current copy of your CV. We advise that you include a Cover Note in support of your application, explaining why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position.
2094 total views, 3 today