Permanent Commercial Consultant – Oil & Gas – WS/2394
A Global Specialist Professional Services Company offering management consultancy is seeking a Commercial Consultant to lead the delivery of small to large projects. You will be responsible for providing consultancy services to clients as well as the provision of specialist information. Applicants are invited with 1-2 years consulting experience with previous proven commercial/financial oil and gas industry experience.
Our Client is a global organisation working with industry leaders to provide commercial energy advisory services worldwide through training, information services and consulting.
Through their consulting services, our Client has, for three decades, provided management consultancy focussed on the global gas and LNG industry. Their professional services focus on business and organisational change, project development and all commercial and transactional endeavours. Working with both vendors and bidders they aim to maximise asset value through commercial optimisation and provide support in the divestment and acquisition of infrastructure.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Consulting Managers, your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Become competent in the use of the Company’s workflows and practices.
- Project Delivery:
- Collaborate with the wider team on developing an essential understanding of the client issues/problems, their business context and specific requirements from consultancy.
- Make significant intellectual contribution to consulting assignments in terms of content, technical material and provision of strategic advice.
- Support the delivery of project work (or larger project work streams) up to approx. £250k value within budget, timeline and of highest quality.
- Identify and access appropriate sources of information and seek advice on appropriate use where required.
- Organise, analyse and present (or support the delivery of) large amounts of complex data and the trends and interpretation of this.
- Produce or support the production of draft or final project reports and presentations.
- Origination and sales support:
- Identify and demonstrate awareness of new or sell-on client opportunities.
- Contribute to and assist with proposal development under the direction of project leaders.
- Liaise, communicate and network with clients to establish and develop business relationships and to deliver client assignments.
- Project management:
- Interpret and understand client expectations for project delivery that demonstrates a clear reasoning and understanding of project requirements.
- Identify areas of perceived project risk and regularly review these with stakeholders to mitigate potential consequences.
- Establish and follow daily project guidelines using good project management skills.
- Assess the performance and outcomes of projects against specified targets demonstrating good project economics and commercial orientation.
- Product offerings, personal development and knowledge management:
- Demonstrate relevance of gas industry and markets knowledge, and an understanding of client’s business and organisational issues in a way that positions the Company as a trusted commercial advisory practice.
- Discuss and agree a personal development plan to address identified gaps in current knowledge, understanding and skills and document a plan to undertake the activities.
- Ensure own personal performance consistently meets / exceeds expectations.
- Achieve personal utilisation target as established by agreement with the manager.
- Wider Business Management:
- Assist in the development of internal business processes aimed at ensuring the consistency of approach and robustness of economic and financial modelling.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with a strong commercial/financial or analytical background within the oil and gas industry to progress their career in consulting with a company, which is growing fast and changing yet retaining its ‘small team feel’.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience of relevant consultancy practice and experience essential preferably within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of market fundamentals, trends and essential economics in the Gas and LNG markets essential.
- Background in quantitative and technical analytical skills essential, including: data handling and discipline in working with large data sets, identifying and accessing various sources of data and information, modeling and technical analysis and strong Excel skills.
- Ability to provide detailed client presentations (with or without PowerPoint) in a powerful, persuasive and articulate manner, in a variety of contexts essential.
- Previous experience of direct client facing and understanding the nuances client relationship development essential.
- Existing strong contacts/relationships within energy markets highly desired.
- An understanding/experience of the business development cycle having been involved in or supporting selling processes (whether writing proposals or presentations or exploring client requirements in meetings and workshops) highly desired.
- Previous experience contributing to thought leadership and insight development highly desired.
- Have an interest and affinity/intellectual curiosity for the gas and LNG industry and marketplace consistent with the Company’s positioning as a provider of professional services.
- Strong commercial mind-set and awareness, having an interest in/understanding of commercial business processes; the ability to identify and exploit business opportunities in both the Company and Client’s business environments.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and spoken, including report writing, client documentation, presentations and the facilitation of client workshops in a persuasive and influential manner.
- Creative problem solving – being able to/prepared to challenge the status quo and approach client issues systematically, persuasively and in a manner suitable for a professional services consultancy.
- A team player who relishes the challenge of new experiences
- A lateral thinker, willing to range well outside ‘the box’, open to new ideas and adaptable. You must be willing to listen to clients and able to express your thoughts and recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Strong planning, organisational and prioritising skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and a strong quality focus.
- Confident and self-assured.
- Foreign language skills highly advantageous.
- Ability to travel and work at client sites as required.
Package: A salary of between £35K – £45K is on offer dependent on skills and experience plus Company benefits, including 25 days holiday per year, 5% non-contributory pension contributions, BUPA Medical insurance, Life assurance and performance bonus’.
How to ApplyTo apply for this job:
- Online – register Personal Details, Profile, relevant training/degree qualifications under “Education”, relevant skills under “Skills”. Upload your CV OR Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Reference Number.
- To be considered for this role, you will need to provide a focused Cover Letter outlining a) what relevant skills/experience and education you bring to the role, b) your availability/ start date, and c) expected salary.
2820 total views, 1 today